do i need this ?

nene01 14:11 02 Jan 06

hi n happy new year to u all, ive just purchased a belkin adsl modem with wireless g router, it says on the box that i need a wireless g usb network adapter, the guy in the shop said i dont need it,
im with aol broadband silver, have xp, other pc will go upstairs,its so confuseing i dont no were to start.

BurrWalnut 14:26 02 Jan 06

One of the PCs (near to router) can be connected by a cable, the other will need something similar to this click here

Biotech 14:51 02 Jan 06

I would avoid USB adapters like they had leprosy.
If you put a PCI network adapter in each machine they can both access the internet from your router and you can either network them or not as you prefer. Also you can remove the antenna's and fix an extended antenna to the PCI card if you have trouble getting a good signal. If your downstairs machine is near enough to your router then it can be connected by cable instead of a PCI card, as has already been suggested.

nene01 14:59 02 Jan 06

thank you so much for ur help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple