Do I let pc install IE7 or not?

SB23 13:31 23 Nov 06

I've just had a polite message come up on my screen to say that IE7 is ready to install.
For the moment I have said to remind me later, but with all the issues I've heard and read about do I let it install or not?
I really don't know what to do.

Steve

Meshuga 13:35 23 Nov 06

I`ve not allowed it to install until I`m happy that all possible bugs have been ironed out.

Jackcoms 13:51 23 Nov 06

I agree with Meshuga.

There do seem to be a high number of threads on this reporting problems.

Installation of IE7 has been compared to XP SP2 - for some (such as me) it was seamless, for others it caused all manner of problems.

I still think the jury's out on IE7.

birdface 13:53 23 Nov 06

Well all the things that you heard and seen about it, Should meen that you should know the proper way to install it, So you should not have any problems,

VoG II 13:54 23 Nov 06

If you have problems you can uninstall it via Add or Remove programs and you will be reverted to IE6.

Or you can prevent it from installing click here

Up to you really!

xania 13:57 23 Nov 06

I also agree with Meshuga. I think that the fact that Microsoft have been forced to create this patch just about says it all.

Pamy 14:03 23 Nov 06

dont be a wimp, just do it, you know it makes sense

philly73 14:04 23 Nov 06

i recently ordered new pc ..due anyday now.will IE7 be pre-installed,i am also concerned about using it

SB23 14:06 23 Nov 06

Pamy, lol.

VoG™, the blocker toolkit is asking where to go. Where do I install it? as I've decided to hang on for a while and not to install IE7.

Pamy 14:08 23 Nov 06

wimp

SB23 14:10 23 Nov 06

I know, I just don't want the hassle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos