Do I have a virus?

Dobba 17:39 05 Dec 11
Answered

I amusing Windows Vista with Kaspersky anti virus.Recently I have noticed an icon has appeared on the task bar which appears to be a little green globe, but when I place the cursor over it, instead of flagging up a signal as to what it is ((Kaspersky Internet Security, Money Express, Volume etc.) the globe disappears. I suspect that it is trying to avoid being recognised.I have run a full Kaspersky scan which shows no result. Although my computer appears to be working normally, I am wondering whether I have picked up some sort of virus that Kaspersky cant deal with. Has anyone any ideas?

Woolwell 18:32 05 Dec 11
Answer

Could or could not be a virus but would be surprised if it was with Kaspersky. You need to identify what this "globe" is in the system tray. Try right click on the task bar, choose properties and then notification area tab. Click on customize and this should give a list of all of the icons in the system tray. See if there any there that you do not recognise. You may be surprised to see how long the list is.

Woolwell 18:34 05 Dec 11

Download Malwarebytes free and run that.

VCR97 19:32 05 Dec 11

Doesn't Kaspersky put up a globe when it's auto-updating?

Dobba 11:33 06 Dec 11

Thanks all. Woolwell had the answer. It turns out it is "Advanced Driver Update", but curious that it seems not to want to be recognised.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…