Do I have the virus?

jiggy b 12:25 05 Sep 04

I have recieved an e-mail which states -
"This message had an attachment which were found to contain the following virus(es):

File 'Attachment' was infected with virus [email protected]!enc' (ID 37368)

The infected file(s) were cleaned or removed from the attachment"

The mail is from mail delivery system. I cant work out if this is my antivirus software (panda platinum) doing its job and stopping an e-mail sent to me or if its a mail I've sent being returned. Panda isnt finding anything on my pc when I run a full scan.

I think you answered your own question but try using this click here

daisy2bell 15:04 05 Sep 04

I tried this programme (the free one) and it came up with the following 4 viruses:

File C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\WIN98_66.CAB tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\OLS\CSI\USKIT.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

File C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS\OLS\AT&T\ATTKIT.EXE tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

File C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\Jiti\Jiti_mm.exe tagged as not-a-virus:Tool.Win32.Reboot. No Action Taken.

Has the programme got rid of the virus, or have I got to do it

Thanks
Fred

johnnyrocker 15:27 05 Sep 04

your av scanner would have given you options to either quarantine or delete i would have thought

johnny.

rich88 15:28 05 Sep 04

when i try to log into my account it logs in then automatically logs out imedieatly do i have a virus and if i do will i have to reformat my hard drive to acess my computer?

livewire 15:36 05 Sep 04

Jiggy B,

You are not currently infected with a virus. The Panda Anti-virus suite uses a Proxy E-mail virus checking system so why the message orginates from a mail delivery system suggests that the mail could be a Spam/Virus variant. Some e-mail like this include:

"Your message has been checked for viruses with McAfee....Attactchements OK."

These messages are often fake and when you do open the attatchment you would be infected with a virus. A nasty trick to convince users that the attatchment is clean when infact it is not.

As you have Panda- Panda has simpily cleaned the mail message automatically and no further action is required on your part.

- LiveWire

stalion 15:41 05 Sep 04

what you have listed are not viruses so take no action.The program you used automatically deletes viruses so you do not have any

stalion 15:43 05 Sep 04

please start your own post with your question

rich88 15:56 05 Sep 04

sorry i didn't know how before

daisy2bell 21:24 05 Sep 04

Thanx

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…