Do I have Java Installed

ponytail 08:12 AM 06 Oct 12

I keep getting a message coming up in the task bar saying Java update available.Have looked but cannot see Java in all my programs.How can I tell if it is installed. This is in ref to my post of Oct.2nd titled what are these Bullguard error messages about.

Taff™ 08:34 AM 06 Oct 12

You almost certainly have Java installed otherwise the updater notification wouldn't be appearing. Go to Java Website and download the latest version which is Java 7 Update 7.

You may find that the udate being offered on your computer is Java 6.

ponytail 09:06 AM 06 Oct 12

Hi Taff thanks for the reply do you know why I cannot see Java anywhere on my PC.If it is installed surely there must be a reference to it somewhere.It is not listed in all programs.Any ideas.

Taff™ 09:11 AM 06 Oct 12

Which Operating System? It is listed on all three of my devices. (XP, Vista and Windows 7) G to Control Panel and look for Java icon. (Not in all programs although it should be there.)

Anoother thought. Open All Programs and give it a minute to list them all. Some programs take this long to be recognised.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 review: Hands-on with the phone which the Z3+ should have been

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get your photos turned into illos by some of the world’s best artists

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites