Do I have Java Installed

ponytail 08:12 AM 06 Oct 12

I keep getting a message coming up in the task bar saying Java update available.Have looked but cannot see Java in all my programs.How can I tell if it is installed. This is in ref to my post of Oct.2nd titled what are these Bullguard error messages about.

Taff™ 08:34 AM 06 Oct 12

You almost certainly have Java installed otherwise the updater notification wouldn't be appearing. Go to Java Website and download the latest version which is Java 7 Update 7.

You may find that the udate being offered on your computer is Java 6.

ponytail 09:06 AM 06 Oct 12

Hi Taff thanks for the reply do you know why I cannot see Java anywhere on my PC.If it is installed surely there must be a reference to it somewhere.It is not listed in all programs.Any ideas.

Taff™ 09:11 AM 06 Oct 12

Which Operating System? It is listed on all three of my devices. (XP, Vista and Windows 7) G to Control Panel and look for Java icon. (Not in all programs although it should be there.)

Anoother thought. Open All Programs and give it a minute to list them all. Some programs take this long to be recognised.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone