Do I have a email infection?

JBX22 12:25 25 Aug 08

Hi All,
For some time now I've noticed that when using outlook 2007 I seem to be sending more emails than I actually am. FOr example I send 1 email but on the status bar at the bottom right of the screen it says "sending 1 of 4".

But there is nothing in my sent items. However our email addresses are being spoofed - not sure if it is a coincidence. We have several different emails on the same domain and I've got a few where the from is our email addresses and the subject is free Angelina Jolie videos.

Norton doesn't see anything wrong in a scan. Any comments/advice warmly welcomed.
Thanks
JBX22

Forum Editor 12:45 25 Aug 08

have you set up in Outlook 2007?

JBX22 13:13 25 Aug 08

Hi,
At present there are 4. But I'm only sending from 1 account and the discrepancy between the number of emails actually sent and the number it says are being sent is inconsistent:

For example, today sent 1 said 4, but could equally send 3 and it might say sending 5.

Never seems to be a huge amount or vast dscrepancy, just a few. Could there be something in the background that Norton can't see?
Thanks

Sea Urchin 13:19 25 Aug 08

This can very often be caused by a stuck read receipt - use the following to delete it

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017