do i have conflict between printers

SCROOGE2 22:53 06 Jan 09

for about 3 years i have been using a hp deskjet 5150 for everyday printing,had a epson perfection 1250 scanner which died and duly removed from my pc. as i needed a scanner i thought i would buy a all in one,i got myself a hp photosmart c5280,wich print lables directly to cd.the problem is that since installing the c5280 my 5150 refuses to work. i want to keep the 5150 as a general wokhorse and use the c5280 for scanning and coppying ect;do i have a conflict between the two printers,any suggestions please(not too drastic)

Diodorus Siculus 23:14 06 Jan 09

Have you tried a reinstall of the 5150?

Diodorus Siculus 23:22 06 Jan 09

When you say it refuses to work, does it show up in the control panel under printers? If so, what happens if you try to properties and print a test page?

Sea Urchin 00:19 07 Jan 09

If you have both printers installed together (as Diodorus Siculus says check under Printers in Control Panel) one of them will be the default printer (shown by a tick). When you try to print presumably you are selecting the printer you wish to use in the Print box, otherwise it will always use the default.

SCROOGE2 00:58 07 Jan 09

Diodorus Siculus and Sea Urchin,yes it does appear in control panel as default,but will not print even a test page,i have thought about reinstalling but worried about the two programes conflicting and loosing parts of both,no i have not had the top open since it last worked ok.over to you.

laurie53 08:09 07 Jan 09

Not sure if your HP software is the same as mine (Photosmart C8180), but if you have HP Solution Centre the two printers will be shown and you need to select the one you wish to use.

Sea Urchin 10:58 07 Jan 09

Presumably they are both USB connected - if so are they both connected to ports at the back of your PC. Front ports may not have enough power.

SCROOGE2 20:54 07 Jan 09

thanks very much folks think i will set restore point and go ahead and reinstall the 5150 and see what happens.as i type this the 5150 has started printing a test sheet but no colour, have gone into propertiesit is listed as model 510,and no colour monocrome only,very strange. anyway i will go ahead and reinstall. thanks for your help if everthing works as planed i will post a message .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…