DNS and System Administrator

Chegs ® 15:52 22 Jul 03

Since RealOne Player was unable to find the server as it was listed in the address ("URL"), double-check the URL. Some servers are case sensitive. If the URL has a combination of upper and lower case letters, then must be capitalized must be used correctly. Also, check that the suffix is listed correctly. Sites that have .com endings cannot be reached if another suffix, for example .org or .edu, is used instead.

Problems can also be caused when a main Domain Name Server ("DNS") experiences technical difficulty. For example, an incident involving the Domain Name Servers at Internic (July 17, 1997) only lasted approximately 4 hours, but created a ripple effect that caused Internet users to experience DNS problems for several days.

If you have verified the URL and a second attempt at the clip fails, send email to the Web site manager. Be sure to include the URL (or Web page description) so the site manager can locate the problem.

If you receive this message while attempting to play any content on the Internet, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or Network System Administrator.

I get the above whilst trying to listen to a Radio stream on my daughters NETWORKED puter.I know the URL was correct,as I have the station playing on my puter.So,I presume I have to setup something in my NIC settings somewhere.She is able to share my ADSL connection for almost all sites,except audio/video streams.

Chegs ® 15:53 22 Jul 03

Both puters run XP Pro.My daughters has a D-Link NIC and mine has Realtek onboard LAN.

Chegs ® 16:29 22 Jul 03

They are both on XP Pro,and the Net connection for my daughters is via an app called CCPROXY(never did suss out how Windows ICS worked!)

Chegs ® 17:26 22 Jul 03

Just found a DNS box inside ccproxy,it wasn't ticked,but now is.There are various settings in the prog,but no mention of a GATEWAY.Program details here click here

Chegs ® 20:37 22 Jul 03

Thank you,I had to alter the settings in RealOne,that page refers to RealPlayer 8 but it was near enough the same in RealOne to tick/add IP's,etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…