DNS Error in ie v6

Stato 09:43 18 Jun 05

Hi, Iam having a bit of a problem with my internet connection which is been made through a router.
It seems like the majority of times I am unable to view any webpages on my computer. Ihave tried a ping test which returned a 100% result so I presume I am making a connection but not been able to see any web pages. My ISP is Tiscali, is this a Tiscali problem or is their something I have to do on my computer?
I am also using Norton Internet Security 2005 with the firewall previously set at medium I was able to make a connection sometimes so I now set at low and for the last couple of days I was not making any connection at all.
I have tried a couple of times to connect in the morning before I went to work and was able to view webpages as I am doing now, could this be a problem with the line been shared and when I try it in the morning there is very little trafic on the line and i am able to view web pages and when I try at night their is to much traffic and I am unable to see the webpages because the speed has slowed down?

briggzy 20:22 18 Jun 05

Hi, we experienced the same problem this week at work, changing the router solved the problem though you could remove the firewall and reset the router to defaults first to try and resolve the problem.

De Marcus 20:23 19 Jun 05

Try running this command

Go to start, run and type: CMD

from the command prompt type: ipconfig /flushdns

and hit enter

(note the space between ipconfig and /flushdns)

Stato 23:06 23 Jun 05

Thanks for the responses, everything is running ok at the moment. I have started to notice that if the WLAN light is not lit when I switch the computer on I cannot connect when I log onto windows, so I have started to wait until it is lit before I boot up the computer if I am going online. I am considering leaving the router on when I close down my computer when I have finished using it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…