LeadingMNMs 09:50 20 Dec 03

I am trying to set up a LAN with a router to connect to the internet. When i run the diagnostic program it skips pinging the DNS server. When i looked in the help files it says that it has not been set. Does anyone know how to find out the DNS address ? I am using BT Yahoo Broadband and on the old connection it only says Detect DNS automatically.

Any help would be most welcome, thanks.

recap 09:53 20 Dec 03

Try the following: Open a Command Prompt and type ipconfig /all

Note the space after ipconfig

LeadingMNMs 09:59 20 Dec 03

thanks i'll give the addresses a try

LeadingMNMs 15:29 20 Dec 03

ok, i'm hoping one of you kind people will be able to help me. the router manual has several scenarios with settings to use. i want to use the router both as a switch for a network and to provide internet access for 3 computers (one wired, 2 wireless). The scenarios are:

1. Bridge Mode Config
2: Router Mode Config with Dynamic IP
3: Router Mode Config with Static IP
4: Router Mode PPPoA Config (RFC2364)
5: Router Mode PPPoE Config (RFC2516)
6: Router Mode Config with Classical IP over ATM (RFC1577)

As mentioned above i'm trying to share my BT Yahoo Broadband connection.

LeadingMNMs 15:38 20 Dec 03

also the ethernet status is down. i've now connected 2 computers with wires and the status has not changed. the router see's the 3 computers and each can connect to the routers interface. any suggestions

LeadingMNMs 16:05 20 Dec 03

LeadingMNMs 09:55 21 Dec 03

s3mt3x 10:15 21 Dec 03

The DNS servers should be updated automatically through DHCP - to do this you must enable the DHCP server on your router and then set each machine on the lan to obtain the ip address automatically.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…