dmsd Video File Converter

SURVEY 11:45 03 Feb 12

My Canon camera takes video but as a (really unhelpful)dmsd file. I always used to be able to convert these using a Roxio program but my version of that program is not compatible with my new Window 7 laptop! Is there a free dmsd to avi converter program out there that anyone can recommend please?

SURVEY 17:38 05 Feb 12

Bump. Never known members of this foru to not have an answer!

lotvic 19:00 05 Feb 12

Surely .dmsd is a project file in Roxio MyDVD? (a project is not an actual video)

Can you check the file extension again of your Canon Camera?

I am almost sure Canon cameras take vids with a .mov extension

SURVEY 12:39 07 Feb 12

lotvic - you are correct. So I need to convert this to avi?

lotvic 16:10 07 Feb 12

Yes, guess so. Perhaps you could start a new thread with relevant title? I haven't done much converting so haven't yet found my 'ideal' prog to do it.

rdave13 16:19 07 Feb 12

Try FormatFactory. It's free but will install Ask toolbar if I remember correctly. Easily removed though. Untick boxes during install.

Woolwell 17:25 07 Feb 12

mov is Quicktime format. If you are happy to open the files with quicktime then you do not have to convert it. If you want to play it in WMP then Windows Live Movie Maker will open mov files and it can be saved as a wmv format.

VLC player will convert to mp4.

SURVEY 11:19 08 Feb 12

I really need to convert to a format that will play on dvd players rather than just on a computer.

Woolwell 13:07 08 Feb 12

I have been using Debut Video Capture for a different purpose recently and it comes with Prism Video Converter. Both basic versions are free for home users. Prism. It will convert mov to a number of different formats. For DVD you will of course have to burn it. You may find that your burner software may convert.

rdave13 15:16 08 Feb 12
  lotvic 15:26 08 Feb 12

rdave13, beat me to it :)) he's quick off the mark

"need to convert to a format that will play on dvd players rather than just on a computer"

Wish you'd said that before, just use DVD Flick, it's free and does all the work for you, Quicktime .mov file amongst multitude of others, to VIDEO_TS dvd.

http://www.dvdflick.net/features.php

Read the guide. For practice, choose a couple of smallish .mov titles to add. Put copies of them in a folder on your desktop (so you can find them easily) give them new titles if you want (to save altering them from within dvdflick).

In Project Settings, You can choose to Create ISO image, Burn project to disc, or don't tick either and then when you click on 'Burn' it will prompt you to save the Audio and Video dvd files to a 'new folder' which you can rename with your own filename (it will create the new Folder).

When you close DVD Flick it will prompt you to save your project if you haven't already done so.

OpSys: any edition of Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…