DMA is set to OFF

rgm28 14:12 30 Jan 04

Both my CD -RW and DVD are set to off and are trying to use the PIO mode I have enterd the atp/ atpi section and altered the section but they still show that they are off, also the autoplay are off on both.

where can I alter these sections to have them running again

regards

Gongoozler 14:25 30 Jan 04

rgm28, if you can't select DMA mode in Windows, it may well be disabled in BIOS.

rgm28 17:44 30 Jan 04

How can you access this in BIOS plz ????

Quiller. 17:48 30 Jan 04

Restart your computer and keep pressing the delete key. This usually allows you to enter the bios.

Quiller. 17:54 30 Jan 04

Oh by the way look in "integrated peripherals", this may be sub sectioned to on chip IDE devices. You should see there if that particular channel is set for both PIO and DMA.

rgm28 18:06 30 Jan 04

In fact how do you access the Bios. Do you have to turn the Comp off first and tap F8 to access or go in using safe mode.

Regards

MichelleC 18:18 30 Jan 04

It'll tell you on bootup which key to press to enter setup (bios) - on mine Delete.

Djohn 18:20 30 Jan 04

rgm28, Start button/turn off computer/re-start button, then as the PC starts to reboot tap away at the Del. key. The BIOS screen will come up and you use the arrow keys on your board to move up/down the menu, the enter key to enter a selection and the Esc. key to come out. j.

Djohn 18:30 30 Jan 04

Before you do go into the BIOS, have you checked the atp/ atpi section in the correct way.

Right click your "My Computer" Icon and choose properties/Hardware tab/Device manager, then click on the atp/ atpi section to expand and show your drive/s.

Highlight the drive you want to enable and right click on secondary IDE Chanel. Right click and choose properties again and see if the option is showing in the window. [Use DMA if available].

You must then click on OK to come out of that window, close the next window, but on the last window, click on "apply" then "OK" for it to take. j.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…