DMA Question

Tubster 22:31 19 May 05

Is it true that every time there's a major 'fault' on a cd/dvd drive the DMA will drop one, i.e. dma 6 to dma 5 and so on, until it defaults to pio mode? Also will the only thing that can reset this be a full re-install of the OS?

Tubster 22:39 19 May 05

Anyone???

dan11 23:50 19 May 05

Never heard of that one before. Is your DMA mode dropping one step at a time, if you have a problem with either a hard disk or optical drive?

Is this with a specific operating system or any operating system.

bump;-)

dan11 20:10 20 May 05

Have you had any luck.

bump

Tubster 20:16 20 May 05

Yeah, I've had some luck, done a bit of research, if for example there's some kind of burning error, the os will drop a dma level, if the fault keeps re-occuring, the the drive will eventually drop to pio mode, of which the only solution to revert back to dma is a full reinstall. Apparently.

DieSse 22:12 20 May 05

Can you give a reference to where you found such information please. I have never heard this before, and I have seriuos doubts that it's correct.

Tubster 22:20 20 May 05
  Tubster 22:23 20 May 05

If i'm wrong in my assumption i'd be happy for anyone to point it out, it'd be a great help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…