DMA

pj1664 11:37 27 Sep 06

HI, has anyone used sonic record now to transfer movie files to record to dvd and have come accross a DMA issue. My sonic keeps telling me that "MY DVD has detected that DMA is turned off for one or more of the recording devices attached to the system. In order to successfully record to rhe device, DMA should be turned on" I have looked at my dvd recorder in device manager and cant find anything relating to DMA that I can enable. I am using win. xp sp2 3ghz processor and 512mb memory. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

gudgulf 12:19 27 Sep 06

This guide will help click here

Simplest way is to download and run the Visual basic script linked to in the Quick Fix section at the beginning.

fazer 13:13 27 Sep 06

Have you tried looking at the available options within your DVD software itself (as opposed to going through Control Panel).

Cyberlink for example as this option on its main play console.

MichelleC 13:17 27 Sep 06

Have a look for DMA enabled on your hd in Device manager.

pj1664 13:21 27 Sep 06

Thank you it worked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…