D'loaded MS update, now locked out

Derek 06:20 25 Apr 04

Sorry that I've had to bring this problem forward again but I'm still in serious trouble !
Thanks to Gandalf though for the contribution.

Again here goes.....

On my other PC - XP Pro, I've just been invited to accept an MS download (Gandalf say it could be .NET) and clicked Ok. Disaster strikes because when I boot, my PC now demands a password etc. Haven't got one and never used one in eighteen months, I'm the only one using this PC. Tried pressing F8 and used every option but cannot proceed. Help please.

Could I, should I, or how do I speak to some 'live' person at MS Uk and what might the number be ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:30 25 Apr 04
  BlueMeanie 20:07 26 Apr 04

Try signing on with the user name ADMINISTRATOR with no password, or try logging on in Safe Mode.

Derek 06:44 27 Apr 04

Thanks to both of you for your support, I'm now back in operation again.
I persevered with F8 and working through all options and after a second time in selecting "...last known good" etc, I managed to get back up again. I had to do quite a lot of sorting with icons on the desktop and messing with the graphics software and I'm pleased to say that I didn't have to do a 'clean install'.
Many thanks again and in future I will adopt Gandalf's advice and research MS updates one by one.

Again my thanks D.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…