D.loaded game-how to burn/run it please?

buel 10:24 13 Dec 09

Hi,
i have just bought and downloaded a game online but all i have is a folder with 17 different files in and i dont know what to do with them.
For example, the files are named '3d.dat' (it is a 'video cd movie'), 'set up.bat' (it is a 'MS DOS Batch file'), '3DSetup.exe' (it says it is an 'application') etc etc.
Has anyone any idea how to burn these files to a 'working' cd or DVD please?
Thank you in advance.

Technotiger 10:35 13 Dec 09

Try double-clicking on 3DSetup.exe

Do the download instructions say that the program can be burnt to CD? Mostly the game is meant to be installed after downloading and then played, but not burnt to CD.

buel 10:48 13 Dec 09

Hi there! I double-clicked on the 3DSetup.exe, it asked me to 'Select Graphics Device', i clicked on 'Ok' (it had already chosen the options for me), and nothing happened. Most odd!!
Im afraid there were no download instructions although i have attempted to contact the site.

gengiscant 12:48 13 Dec 09

whats the game? and where did you download it from?

Technotiger 13:22 13 Dec 09

Are there any other setup.exe files? If so try the double-click on it/them.

buel 13:26 13 Dec 09

I've tried clicking on the others, am i imagining it or is there a way to 'mount' them on to a cd/dvd please?

retep888 14:35 13 Dec 09

<<whats the game? and where did you download it from?>>

gengiscant has asked you this question ,would you if you can provide information please otherwise it's hard to guess.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…