DLL SPGRMR error message

sue.m 18:36 24 Oct 07

Having trouble with pc again!
Getting 2 error messages when I start up ;-

DLL C\:WINDOWS\IME\SPGRMR.DLL not a valid windows image

and

An unexpected error was encountered while attempting to initialize the firewall engine

Am running Windows XP and System Mechanic Professional 7 and the icon in tray remains yellow and showing 'iolo personal firewall is initializing'

I am also having trouble getting email messages - getting several copies of same email and disconnects before all received(only upto 19.10) + computer won't shut down from start menu and has to be turned off on the tower unit!

HELP PLEASE - in 'PC IDIOT' LANGUAGE IF POSSIBLE

Thanks

Sue XxX

Diversion 22:59 24 Oct 07

Click on start, Search, All files and folders. Then type SPGRMR.dll in the top box, and Look In C: Drive then click search, it should be located in Windows ime a 62kb file. If it's there right click on it and Open Folder Containing. It maybe corrupt you can try SFC /Scannow or download and replace the corrupt one click here. I would try SFC /scannow first and you will need your Windows or Recovery disk in the CD ROM if you use "sfc /scannow"

Diversion 23:10 24 Oct 07

To use sfc /scannow click on Start, Run.... then in the box that comes up type sfc /scannow not forgetting to put the space in between the sfc /.

sue.m 17:52 25 Oct 07

Thank you for the above advice - has resolved the 'dll' issue but the firewall is still not working properly!

I am still getting the error message and can't get into the firewall either from icon in tray or from start menu. I may have resolved email issue by logging on from Virgin homepage and deleting unwanted messages but firewall will still not initialize and I still can't shut down from start menu.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sue XxX

martbd 19:23 27 Oct 07

Have you tried uninstalling Iolo Personal Firewall and then deleting all remaining files associated with the Iolo Personal Firewall rebooting between those steps and then do a fresh install?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant