DLL Link failed

ulrich 09:53 24 Oct 04

I've really messed it this time. I purchased a new XFX GForce5900X vid card. But I cant't seem to install it properly. System Win XP, AMD XP2200processor, loads of disc space, 512 RAM, 400w PSU. The card does not show up in the system at all, although it seems to be working, but for red lines running from top to bottom. I have reinstalled old card which shows on the system and works well. On start I get the message Error loding C:\windows\System32\NvCpl.dll. A dynamic link library(DLL)initialisation routine failed. I thought I would reinstal win xp but I have now lost my modem
so have to use sons computer. Any help gratefully receive as I dont know if card is faulty or me.

Diodorus Siculus 10:25 24 Oct 04

Can you uninstall the graphics drivers and shutdown.

Then install the new card and after rebooting, install the latest drivers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:34 24 Oct 04

NvCpl.dll is part of the graphics drivers for the Nvidia chip on your card. DO NOT reinstall XP it is nott necessary.

In device manager remove (unistall the Display adapaters) then scan for hardware changes and let xp find the card then install drivers from disk that came with card

ulrich 11:25 24 Oct 04

For the 5900XT card it doesn't show that it is there, accordingly there are no drivers even though I have installed. So how do I uninstal them or find them? This is what is baffling me, I don't know where to look for them.

ulrich 13:52 24 Oct 04

Thank you both for your help, this problem is now solved, but I stiil have stripes running down the screen. I will start a new thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…