dll hell

kia 12:32 21 Feb 03

I am having problems with two programs on my system (win 98se)which come up with the messages:
Incmail caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0187:bff9dfff. etc
NAVAPW32 caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 0187:bff7a125. etc.

Can anyone please advise how I can resolve them - in idiot proof terminology? I have downloaded a KERNEL32.DLL winzipped file from dll-files.com but from there on in I am lost and I don't even know if I actually need it?

xtreme_computing 12:41 21 Feb 03

NAVAPW32 is to do with Norton AntiVirus, have you got norton installed, also scan the system for a virus

you may need to uninstall norton and re-install it again, if you do make sure you up date it to the latest virus definitions

also it may be a good idea to scan your system files, to do so

click start,run and type sfc

and scan for altered system files

replace any files that pop up with the windows 98 cd, if you have one

click here to help troubleshoot kernel errors

jazzypop 15:01 21 Feb 03

The incmail fault is most likely due to a corrupted instalation of Incredimail. If you no longer use it, uninstall it. If you do, uninstall then reinstall, check their site for updates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…