dll files

dago 17:47 17 Jan 03
  dago 17:47 17 Jan 03

i have a digital camera,which came with its own software(image expert,usb driver)until recently it was working fine. the other day i switched on and an error message came up as follows msvcirt.dllis linked to missing [email protected]@z please can anybody explain

flecc 19:14 17 Jan 03

msvcrt.dll is a file that belongs in the Windows/System folder of some Windows versions. Have a look in you Windows/System folder for it, and if not there, get a new copy from your Windows CD, your Options/Cabs folder, or online. Post back if you need help with that, telling us your Windows version and whether you have the Windows CD.

Jerry Atrick 07:37 18 Jan 03

One approach to this problem can be to get a copy of that dll. file from another friendly computer.Here a is rough guide to how I did it.At the donor machine Go START > FIND enter missing file name in search box.If file is found,open a window for A:\drive {Floppy disc drive}.Arrrange screen so both windows can be seen.Put formatted floppy in the slot, then Click and drag the file from search result window into the A:\ window.After a brief wizz,open My Computer,click on A:\this will show whats on the disc.Got the file you need? OK? now remove the floppy to take to the unwell computer.Back at your machine, load floppy to A:\drive.Open a window for Windows\System and another for A:\so both are seen, then click and drag file into Windows\system window.Go START > FIND enter file name- do search -the dll. file and its location should show in the result.Got it? OK? Job done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…