DLL file is missing!

Ponkin 03:15 08 Mar 03

Trying to start Adobe PhotoDeluxe HE Ver.4.0
from my desktop using Win ME, I get the following message;
"A required .DLL file GLU32.DLL, was not found" and Photoshop does not start.
Can someone please suggest where such a file may be found.
I have uninstalled and re-installed a couple of times, I still receive the same message.
Thank you in anticipation.

sattman 03:32 08 Mar 03

Is it possible that the file is installed but damaged? try search and if found rename to .old or some other name rather than delete.
Now do a uninstall and reinstall. I believe dll files can be shared files so some care is needed when removing.

You can always rename to what it was file if you find this solution dont work.

powerless 03:33 08 Mar 03

If you click here you should be able to find the fix.

The link at the top of this page at click here seems to be for your problem but it does not open for me.

temp003 03:40 08 Mar 03

It's something to do with OpenGL files in DirectX. Windows ME should have come with DirectX, so I don't know why you get the error.

You should find a copy of the glu32.dll on your Photodeluxe CD. Put the CD in, when it tries to spin up, press the Shift key to stop the autorun (it doesn't always work). If the CD autoruns, just exit the program. Then in My Computer, right click the CD drive and select Explore.

Double click the "Support" folder, then "Files" folder, then the "OpenGL" folder. Copy two files "glu32.dll" and "opengl32.dll", to the C:\WINDOWS\System folder.

Restart the computer and try opening the program again.

If it still doesn't work, go to the Microsoft website to download and install the latest version of DirectX (which is version 9).

powerless 03:42 08 Mar 03

click here and wait a few seconds.

Ponkin 04:18 08 Mar 03

Thanks for the suggestions,I will try them out later today as google is giving me gateway timeouts on these links at the moment.

teebee 08:15 08 Mar 03

According to the web page of DriverGuide.com it is a Creative labs video adapter. goto click here and download it. If u have problems send me your e.mail address and I will send you a copy.

Ponkin 14:05 15 Oct 05

I have just run my evesham restore disk for My Win ME, And since then I get the message in the title when I try to open Outlook express. I have downloaded a a free zipped supposedly msoe.dll, BUT having unzipped it what do I now do with it.(Sensible answers please)

VoG II 14:18 15 Oct 05

C:\Program files\Outlook Express

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…