dll file error

chids2 14:55 28 Oct 03

When I start up my computer I get the error msvcirt.dll file is linked to missing export msvcrt.dll:[email protected]@z. Also when I run system file checker it tells me that my setupx.dll file may be corrupted. I use win 98 and am a novice.

smegs 17:55 28 Oct 03

click here;EN-US;q296551 Go down to win98 section and follow the instructions. Good luck

A_World_Maker 18:20 28 Oct 03

when you run sfc.exe it should offer to copy back the original system files from your win98 cd-rom, have you skipped this process?
The only problem I found when I used win98, was sfc forgetting where the folder and files are kept on the cd-rom and had to be shown eachtime. Its a long boring process, but it is a cure. Eachtime sfc asks you if you wish to overwrite a file with the original or use the existing, check the dates of the files as shown on screen, that way you don't overwrite any updated files you have. Whatever choice you make, the file will be registered as the one to use, in the operating system from that point onwards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…