DLL Error Message

Denlyn 21:46 10 Sep 04

DLL file VDSRUN50.DLL can not be found
can anyone help please
Demlyn

VoG II 21:48 10 Sep 04
  the-george 22:55 10 Sep 04

Obviously, this DLL is loaded as part of the boot up process but is no longer where it should be.
DLL's are normally found in the Windows/System folder but it might have been accidentally moved somewhere else. Try Start/Search for Files and folders and see if there is a copy anywhere in the system. If there is then put a copy of the file in the Windows/System folder. I would copy rather than move just in case!
If there is no copy anywhere in the system then it imight have been deleted when some application was done away with. In this case it might not actually be necessary but some redundant entry somewhere is the system is still calling for it to be loaded.
To check this out you could try this link click here
It is actually meant to help delete redundant DLLs but it should show if your DLL is referenced anywhere and therefore if it is still really needed.
The other option is then to try and find a copy of the DLL. I have tried to find one here click here
but there isn't one in the database. Any body else know of a good site for downloading DLL's? If you can find a copy then put it in the Windows/System folder.

Can you do a system restore to a point prior to the message being displayed? This might work.

VoG II 23:05 10 Sep 04

via e-mail
Thanks for your E/M original error message has gone but another has come up. A required file DVSPOPUP.DLL is Missing . Regards...denlyn

=====================

Please respond using the box at the bottom of the page. The yellow envelope is for private messages.

----------------------------

If this is Windows XP then Start, Run, type in

sfc /scannow

and click OK. You may be asked for your Windows CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac