dlink niggle

hzhzhzhz 11:11 25 Mar 07

On booting pc from cold the air plus adapter fails to connect to the router. Nothing I do seems to get it to connect, except to keep moving the adapter to different usb ports. I could live with this niggle but the same problem has arisen on a second pc in the house. Any ideas?.
Once connected,there is no problem.

Forum Editor 12:55 25 Mar 07

by the late loading of the DLink driver.

Try booting the computer with the router turned off. Then, when everything (including the DLink driver) has loaded, switch the router on.

hzhzhzhz 13:32 25 Mar 07

Thanks FE, I,ll try that. The late loading of the driver theory makes sense but strange why its started playing up after 2years of working perfectly.

Taff™ 08:10 26 Mar 07

I agree with FE. I frequently use a D-Link GWL-122 Adapter when I am rebuilding machines. Typically on Windows 98 and a clean install, Windows Updates will suddenly take priority on the boot up sequence.

When I reach the point which you describe I simply remove the adapter from Add/Remove Programs, reboot and reinstall the software. As FE states, connecting the USB adapter last. Thereafter all works normally.

hzhzhzhz 08:26 26 Mar 07

Thanks all. It seems ok today.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…