Dlink G604T - tiscali internet connection

writer201 13:53 05 Jul 06

I have set up the above ADSL router and while the Network element works I cannot connect to tiscali. ISP. I have followed the intstructions using 192.164.1.1. and prior to attempting to connect I selected network connections from the CP and selected obtain IP adress automatically.
Questions:
1. Previously I have used a Sagem modem and activated it when I wanted to connect to the internet - does it require modification
2. I have noticed the ADSL indicator light is no longer flashing - does this indicate a problem with the router

ade.h 15:37 05 Jul 06

Can you quote me the settings that you have entered, without giving your username and password, on this screen: click here

Can you confirm that your phones lines are filtered and your previous modem is not still connected to a phone socket?

Taff™ 15:47 05 Jul 06

The modem ADSL light should be on and it`s most likely a connection problem not the router. Check that the telephone cable is securely in the top socket and the filters are in the correct position.

Check that the telephone line is working and also swap back the old router and check it can connect.

Post back ade.h`s request VCI should be 38 by the way. MTU probably 1400 but I`ll check later.

ade.h 15:51 05 Jul 06

Please note: The entries in my screengrab should be disregarded, since that image was taken straight from the PDF manual. Don't assume that these are what you should enter.

ade.h 17:40 05 Jul 06

Please do not send unsolicited mail messages. Please note the forum guidelines.

To answer your question: Entering the IP of the router into your broswer's address bar allows you to access the configuration user interface. It does not connect the client PC to the internet.

Woolwell 18:51 05 Jul 06

This may be a silly question and you may have done this, so ignore if you have, but have you inserted your Tiscali password on the router using the configuration user interface? By the way I access my G604T using 192.168.1.1.

Taff™ 04:57 06 Jul 06

Sending personal messages doesn`t help if the recipient isn`t available ;o) ade.h could have (and did) answered your question if you`d posted it here. If you answer the questions we`ve asked you you`ll be sorted in no time at all. (End of sermon)

If you can get into the admin pages of the router as Woolwell states you need to enter the settings on the page ade.h gave you. Tiscali settings click here Vital - you must then go to the Tools Tab, System Settings, Save and then Restart the router using the appropriate buttons.

I still think that unless the ADSL LED is on there is a problem with your wiring - have you checked it?

writer201 08:37 06 Jul 06

Thanks you for all your responses. It would appear that the G604T is not functioning correctly. The Status, WLAN and ADSL lights are not working. I have been advised, (not on here I might add) that the internal BIOS or software which drives the ADSL is either corrupted or somehow been lost, possibly after pressing the factory reset button, advice which I picked up from another site. Can anyone help now?

Nazzarenu Boy 10:17 06 Jul 06

No..... you are rude.......

Woolwell 10:41 06 Jul 06

If the status WLAN and ADSL lights are not working this indicates that there may well be a problem with the router itself. I would power down. Press the factory reset button again. Power up and start from scratch as all of your previous settings are likely to have been lost. If and when you get the router running I would do a firmware update (this is what may have got corrupted. If you cannot get it working I suggest you contact D-Link who have a helpful help line or seek repair under warranty or replace it.

writer201 10:41 06 Jul 06

Once again thank you for your responses but it appears that I might as well just buy a new ADSL Router. I'm told trying to fix the problem might be worth more hassle than effort. - seeing as I'm rude for some reason according to Nazzarenu Boy and can't expect any help. 1st time I've been here as I generally fix my own problems but that one had me stumped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009