DLINK DWA-111 USB Adapter Problem

wiltshirebloke 21:26 08 Apr 08

Anyone able to offer help or advice?

Trying to install DWA-111 on a Windows XP PC with Service Pack 2.

When inserting dongle into USB port the PC says that there is a problem with the hardware, and upon trying to install using DLINK CD, it says that the installation has failed.

I have tried totally un-installing and re-installing and the error just re-occurs.

Upon further investigation, the device manager is saying that netr73.sys is missing or corrupt. This should reside in c:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\netr73.sys.

Tech Support at DLINK suggest re-installing, but again this doesnt work, they also suggest downloading latest firmware/driver from the website which I have done, still to no avail.

Any suggestions ?

I have been able to get the adapter to work on another PC, so doesnt appear to be an issue with either the transmission or adapter.

STREETWORK 21:47 08 Apr 08

Try this,

Uninstall the drivers and software. Reboot and install the drivers again. switch off PC, inset the dongle and reboot. windows will load the drivers and it should work. if not could be either buggy software in which case down load new driver from manufactueres website and do all again...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced