DLINK DI 514 drivers..help please. Thankyou

bof:) 23:57 13 Oct 04

Hi all,

its me again, my neighbour has with my help fitted a new hd and installed XP pro as her new os. She also has a DLINK DI 514 wireless network card and its with this we are having problems. (it did work on the old hd and winME os)

The main wireless modem is connected to another PC and the neighbours card is in her own pc.

I cannot find drivers for the DLINK DI 514. The dlink website click here does not provide drivers for it. as far as I can see.

The instruction manual says to install drivers before the wireless card, yet when you run the cd there is no option for setup or install.

If you do install the wireless card, XP's added hardware doesnt detect it. So I am stumped...can you help please,

many thanks for any help in advance,

ps The PC that the wireless modem is connected to runs on winME whilst neighbours other pc is now XP could it be this?

hillybilly 09:48 14 Oct 04

It's not very clear on the dlink site where the drives are but they are there. click here

Dlink UK are normally very helpful.

Tel: +44 (0) 208 731 5555
Fax: +44 (0) 208 731 5511

hillybilly 09:51 14 Oct 04

Sorry the link I have posted does not work!

Click on the link that you have posted then on the left hand side of the page click on Tech Support that will take you to the driver download section!

JIM 10:40 14 Oct 04

help me out:)

The DLINK DI 514 is a wireless Router ok ? ---You say,"She also has a DLINK DI 514 wireless network card which is the problem"

Do you need drivers for a wireless network card" which will be a different product,and number?

Or am i reading you wrong?" Sorry if i am way of beam.

You can download Firmware/drivers for the DLINK DI 514 wireless router no problem from,http: //click here.

If you go to the link you posted,--US site,you have to make sure you have the right "Version for the DI-514. Each revision has version specific drivers, installation guides and firmware.

Driver/Firmware DI-514 D-Link Air 11Mbps Wireless IP Router for DSL/Cable Modems with 4-Port 10/100Mbps

click here

or if it works? direct link.

click here==

bof:) 00:45 15 Oct 04

Hi All,

Thankyou all for your help. The neighbour is now a 'happy bunny' because her pc now connects to the internet.

Many thanks once again,

bof:) 09:57 21 Oct 04

Hi All,

ps it turned out that we were using the wrong installation disk. There was 1 for the main modem and another for any satellite eathercard. We were using the 1 for the main modem. hence our falure to install.

Once we had loaded the new disc eveything went according to plan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…