"DKSERVICE.EXE" act as a server

ianeon 11:05 24 Jan 05

Good morning - I could do with some help please - Just lately on starting my computer "Zone Alarm Pro" has indicated that "DKSERVICE.EXE" wants to act as a server, without any additional information.
I run "Diskeeper Pro" - GOOGLE tells me that DKSERVICE.exe could be part of the Diskeeper programme or it could be spyware - Can I let it act as a server, or should I block it permanently? - I have run all the usual spy/adware prograames to no avail - Any advice would be a great help - Thank you - Ian

ventanas 11:43 24 Jan 05

click here click here click here

These sites have some info on this.

ACOLYTE 13:07 24 Jan 05

I to run Disk Keeper 8 and this program as far as i know has never asked for server rites,although it does somtimes check for updates.

ACOLYTE 13:09 24 Jan 05

P.S as far as i know the service should only run when you are defraging the hard drive,or have set it to set and forget.But mine doesnt ask for server rites.

wotbus@ 13:52 24 Jan 05

Dkservice.exe is indeed an integral part of Diskeeper Defrag program. Try their site and FAQ for the server bit! Rest easy, not spyware.

wotbus@ 13:58 24 Jan 05
  ianeon 15:13 24 Jan 05

Everyone - thank you for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…