dixX to dvd.............how do I proceed?

Trotter2 16:45 30 May 09

Hi, I have some divX files of movies and want to transfer them to dvd. I haven't a clue how to do it. a friend told me that I need to convert them in order to make a dvd from them, but I don't know what to do. can anyone help please? I am running Windows XP and have just installed Nero 9. can I use Nero to burn these files to disc? do I need any other software? many thanks, Del

johndrew 17:30 30 May 09

About DivX click here

Converter click here

You may want to read up on the above, if so Google `DivX to AVI conversion` and you should get plenty to keep you going.

Once you have your AVI file (you may well need to get there via an MPEG and video editing program) you can use Nero to burn your DVD. Nero will allow you to edit .mpg files and apply titles etc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:38 30 May 09
  rdave13 17:45 30 May 09

Easiest I've found is Sothink Movie Maker; click here

Trotter2 17:58 30 May 09

This is all very informative, however, not being very technically minded, I'm confused with technical jargon. Can anyone explain the procedure in simple terms please? thanks.

realist 20:32 30 May 09

The files are presumably in avi format.
Method I would use is to download and install free DVD Flick click here, then it's simply a matter of "adding" your avi file and following the steps through to "create DVD", pop in a blank DVD and it takes about an hour.

rdave13 21:00 30 May 09

Same as realist really. If you decide to use Sothink then these are the steps I use. Insert DVD to optical drive. Wait for windows prompt and cancel. Start Sothink movie maker. Click on add tab, choose the video from wherever you put it (desktop possibly) and if not shown in list click on lower box and choose 'all files'. This should find your video.Click on the video. Click start tab and..err that's it.
Will convert file to DVD and you'll hear a nice jingle then it will burn to your DVD.
Play around with it and if you make a few 'coasters' does it really matter. :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017