Divx Player

zincy 02:44 17 Jul 04

hello there

i been looking for a divx player and came accross this one click here i was wondering what do i need to beware of when buyer a divx player? well they be able to read multi divx on one disc as in lots of videoon one disc? can they read avi? What i want to do is burn the videos i got on my computer onto a blank dvd-r usuign avi/divx format so i cna fit more... will this standalone palyer allow me to do that? or any other recommendations?

this question is a semi computer question ^^
many thanks
zincy

ollie < one> 03:08 17 Jul 04

hi
i do not know any of the answers to your question but if you are looking for just a divx player or do you want a all singing \danceing unit like you have seen advertised because i saw advertized in compactive a stand alone dvd/divx player for less the £50.00 im at work at the moment but i will be willing to post you the link on here later i think it was called a meridion ??? try divx in google and that may throw the proper link up for you

leo49 08:19 17 Jul 04

DivX capable DVD players do what you wish ie you can burn .avi and .mpg etc as Data on a DVD then play it back on the TV.You can burn any number of clips/films then navigate through the onscreen root menu to play whichever you want.For personal use it certainly beats spending hours reencoding.

I recently bought the Philips DVP630 which also plays Xvid as well as DivX - it was also cheap from click here.

You do get the odd clip from which when burnt the sound is missing but this is due to the original ripper using an exotic sound codec.

byfordr 09:26 17 Jul 04

click here does the lot...R

SEASHANTY 12:23 17 Jul 04

Medion multi-region DIV-X DVD Player £49-99 at Amazon
click here

zincy 12:38 17 Jul 04

sorry about the confusion!
Yes i want a standalone divx player just to watch them on tv.. i record them on my pc so no need for one that records too

i was just abit confused about all the divx modes.. like 3.11 5.2.. as i dotn know which is what. :(

thank you guy for the replies!

zincy 12:43 17 Jul 04

hmm the medion one looks like the best bet.... very good price multi regional and plays quite alot of divx modes too...

thank you for the ehlp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017