divx movies and codecs

hi ive got some movies in divx but i cant seem to do anything with them i download divx player from site witch works fine but wmp wont play then i just says unknown error and if i try to copy them to disk using nero letting re-encode to mpeg1 aka vcd it wont let me do it any ideas!! spoke to some one and they said i might needs some codecs or something anyone help

Djohn 01:47 06 Jul 04

Bump! back to the top.

hugh-265156 02:09 06 Jul 04

if its divx movie trailers or short films for example that you downloaded they are more than likely ripped and converted from dvd mpeg2 format into divx so will need to be converted again to mpg(vcd) or mpeg2(dvd) using other software to get nero to burn them, it wont do it itself from divx.

be careful here as most full movies and also trailers, short films etc that you download will be copyrighted so it will actually be illegal to copy them or change them in any way. if its available on the high street then thats a good sign that its not legal to copy.

I'm going to leave it at that as we cannot post links here on how to do this sort of thing but i will give you some links for more general information click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced