DivX Audio Problem

Ben Avery 16:49 25 Jan 03

Gday

I've recently been watching a selection of video clips which are DivX encoded and I have found it very good for the purpose. However, Recently, I have foung 2 video (1 of which at least previously played fine) to playback with no audio.

I have tried playing the files in a variety of media players (Windows Media Player 2 & 7, RealOne Player - both of which have the DivX plugins downloaded and installed - and ATI File player) but they will no longer play (RealOne says that it "contains unsupported streams").

I have re-downloaded the files and this has caused no change, they still play muted.

Can anybody help as to why the audio has cut off?

Regards

BA

Ben Avery 23:37 25 Jan 03

Anyone???

Ben Avery 23:39 25 Jan 03

Anyone???

crx16 23:43 25 Jan 03

i found that after watching a dvd in 5.1,some of my video clips wouldnt play in WMP7.so i had to go back into winDVD, and switch off the 5.1 and this cured the problem.

the video clips which gave me errors were those recorded on ATI tv,not divX but worth a mention.

Ben Avery 13:41 26 Jan 03

Ok I have some more info which may help someone help me.

The error message number is 0x00040242 which is a DirectX error message

Details:

Return Code: VFW_S_PARTIAL_RENDER

Description: Some of the streams in this movie are in an unsupported format.

Hexadecimal: 0x00040242

Decimal Val: 578

I have looked on the microsoft site and downloaded the newest edition DirextX V.9 but to no avail.

Can anyone use this info to expalin what has happened and more importantly how I can fix it?

BA

fitshase 14:27 26 Jan 03

Have a look here for the lates DivX codecs:-

click here

regards

Fitshase

Ben Avery 16:48 26 Jan 03

Ok the problem was that the DivX Audio codec was corrupt and now I have downloaded another from Divx.com it works again!

Thanks all, if you need me, I'll be catching up on a bit of Red Dwarf!!!

Cheers

BA

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…