DIV3

denali 09:09 03 Feb 04

My daughter is studying nursing. Yesterday she downloaded a video from the Harvard university medical site. We have Broadband but it was a very long video and took over an hour to download.
On playback we got the message we need DIV3 to enable playback. I went to the win media centre but they appear not to have heard of it. The same response from Quick time and Real player.
Would somebody be kind enough to tell me what it is and where I can get it!

Many thanks.

smegs 09:29 03 Feb 04

click here this will explain it and U can download something there.

cycoze 09:31 03 Feb 04

DIV3 is a codec , a decompressor .

Try searching Google for one , what versions of WMP , Quicktime , real player are you using?

Hyperangelic 09:32 03 Feb 04

Div3 is a video codec, which forms part of the DivX codec pack. There is a free download of DivX on click here.

Downloading and installing it should allow you to watch the downloaded video.

smegs 09:35 03 Feb 04
  denali 10:12 03 Feb 04

Thank you chaps. Once again you have saved my life. I went to one of the suggested sites, downloaded the item (two minutes) and the video plays beautifuly.

Thanks again

denali 11:32 26 Apr 04

I posted this thread a few weeks ago and to those who read, and responded to it, thank you. I followed suggested links and did as I was told but I am still no wiser.
My daughter is studying nursing and she is constantly on the Harvard medical school website.
We can download text files, they are in PDF, and we have Adobe. She is trying to get some graphs and video's on gynaecology (not sure if I can use that word on the forum) but they are downloaded as DIV 3 or DIV X. I downloaded two players suggested by Forum members but they do not convert. I have all the latest updates for Win. Media player, Real and Quicktime but they just say cannot play this file. One of the players I downloaded opens perfectly but I just get a black screen, although the playing bar moves as normal. I appreciate this is somewhat longwinded but she has her exams in May and I really have to get this sorted. I can get no helpful advice from Harvard except to purchase the tapes from them, the cheapest being $52!!. I really would appreciate any advise. Many thanks. Denis
Running Win98 se

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…