Distribution lists and Outlook 2002

Liteman 10:12 05 Feb 06

VoG answered this question a few months ago, but I've got a problem with it. I've created the distribution list, put my own address in the To box, and the distribution list in the BCC box.

When the emails arrive, the people on the list see the message with my own address in the To box, rather than theirs - am I missing something obvious, please?

Taff™ 10:25 05 Feb 06

Yes. They`re seeing exactly what they should. Effectively what you are doing is sending the message to yourself (You get a copy) and the "blindcopies" (Your distribution list) also get copies BUT they don`t get to see who else is on the distribution list. If you put that list in the "cc" box everyone would see the recipients and be able, for example, to copy it, steal the addresses etc. Not only that there could be a very long list of recipients at the top of the e-mail which is a bit of a pain if you print it out.

Liteman 10:40 05 Feb 06

Taff™ - thanks, but I can't get it to show the recipients name in any box: the To box has the mail address I'm using to send the mail (ie, I'm sending it to myself).

Liteman 10:47 05 Feb 06

Am I missing the point totally - should they in fact be seeing their own name anywhere? If not, I don't have a problem, do I??

VoG II 10:49 05 Feb 06

It is working as it should. They should only see your name, not theirs.

Liteman 11:03 05 Feb 06

Thanks - I've obviously been barking up the wrong tree! Back to the grindstone....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos