distorted sound internet radio

cnixon 17:23 02 Oct 06

I have a new computer with windows xp media centre installed, and a decent sound card and speakers.
When I try to play bbc radio stations ( using realplayer downloaded from internet) the sound is distorted, especially speech.
No probs playing cds saved to music library, or other internet radio stations such as launchcast.
My old PC used to play bbc radio with reasonable quality so i don't think my expectations are too high!
I have run through all the troubleshooting tips suggested in realplayer help, but got nowhere.
Any suggestions gratefully received!

anskyber 17:33 02 Oct 06

Are you using another browser like Firefox?

Stuartli 17:40 02 Oct 06

I use Firefox to replay BBC archive material using RealPlayer and there are no problems - in fact the sound quality should prove excellent.

Have you tried using the BBC version of RealPlayer?

You'll also find some (minor) settings configuration in the website's Video section.

anskyber 17:50 02 Oct 06

My question was propted by this page. click here

cnixon 17:57 02 Oct 06

Hi, I'm not using firefox. I downloaded realplayer by clicking on the BBC website, (wasn't aware that there were different versions)

anskyber 18:48 02 Oct 06

I, like many others, use Real Alternative which is amongst other things a lighter version of real Player. click here Uninstall Real Player first, it works perfectly for me when listening to BBC radio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…