Distorted audio

Logov 13:23 19 Nov 05

I have a Terratec DMX6fire soundcard that's been in my machine for about a year and until now has worked brilliantly. However, recently (coinciding with malware infections) whenever I play any audio back at all it sounds like a 78rpm disc played at 33rpm and underwater for good measure - this is especially the case with mp3's. Even windows beeps and clicks are distorted.

I've checked with Terratec for the latest drivers and windows reports all is well.

I've posted HJT logs on another site and have got rid of most of the malware as a result but still CPU usage is up to 100% (System Idle process hogging it). No one seems to be able to help me with the audio problem. Is it related to the infection do you think?

Diodorus Siculus 13:38 19 Nov 05

Do you feel like a complete clean install of windows - that will provide you with the best results.

Even though you have the latest drivers, it will be good to uninstall them and reinstall. I'm am not convinced about windows diagnosis of driver suitability.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…