Dissappointed

mary54 18:15 28 May 11

Bought my computer from pc world in 2007, decided to put it in for its first health check in April, the worst thing i could have done,cutting a long story short my computer has been in & out of MERCOMS workshop since.they still haven't got it working got it returned back to me yesterday for the 4th time to find the only thing coming on screen is stars & stripes so its going back to MERCOMS workshop 1/06/11 for the 5th time. the amount of calls i've made to the tech-guys you wouldn't believe i've now written a letter of complaint enough is enough.Anyone on here know the address for complaints????

woodchip 18:22 28 May 11

Why did you take it in, in the first pace? as its not like a Car it does not need 5000 mile services

woodchip 18:24 28 May 11

stars & stripes It looks like its been used on site in the shop, and its got Virus or Malaware on it

mary54 18:28 28 May 11

There always has to be a joker on these forums :0))

rdave13 18:49 28 May 11

mary54

To be honest I concur with woodchip. Keep notes of all times and dates you've contacted PC World about your laptop and what state it has been returned to you. Someone here, more in the know, will be able to give you advice on how to take this complaint forward.

lotvic 18:55 28 May 11

Are you the joker mary54?

Why did you take it in for a 'health check'?

Were you having problems with it?

You say it was showing 'stars & stripes' - do you mean the American Flag set as the Desktop background?

Does the pc work okay other than that?

This is Helproom Forum where we try to help you to fix pc's yourself, as you are getting Techguys to fix your pc you would be better in Consumerwatch

As for Complaints to/about Techguys go to the Consumerwatch section and put Techguys in the Search Forums box and you will find plenty of others with same sort of problems. Or you could post your question there if FE (Forum Editor) doesn't move this one over.

rdave13 19:15 28 May 11

lotvic

I know of two in our workplace the take their PCs/laptops to PCW for a "health check" and pay good money for it. If you don't know about hardware and have no interest then so be it. Both are quite happy with the service. As for me it's usually software I'm not interested in. Hate 'office' work etc.

Graphicool1 19:41 28 May 11

mary54

Woodchip's no joker, he's a good bloke and one of a small army of guys who give their time freely on PCA, trying to help people like you. Then you chuck his words back at him and call him names. In my opinion you owe him an apology. G1

rdave13 19:50 28 May 11

Graphicool1

Bit heavy handed I think. mary54 is a new poster and not to know woodchip. Hopefully someone like spuds,FE or others can guide as to how best to resolve this problem with PCW.

woodchip 19:59 28 May 11

rdave13

Graphicool1

Forget it, I have broad Shoulders and at 75 could not care less how she takes it, All I asked was what I call reasonable questions

mary54 20:29 28 May 11

Apology sent your way woodchip didn't mean to offend you or anyone else for that matter its not in my nature sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…