dispy A horse

pinnicat 16:12 20 Apr 04

i f i remember the name right...and i should...i'm getting showered with it lately..AVG is spotting it and cleaning it up..allegedly..but this morning it got in without my having opened any apps..i.e. outlook or ie.
is it being dealt with properly or is there hole in my system somewhere.?
thanks as ever....mik

Sethhaniel 16:16 20 Apr 04

run - msconfig - starup tab
and if file there untick it

pinnicat 16:37 20 Apr 04

Did as suggested and thankfully it's not stuck in there..had a tidy round whilst in there mind....?

anon1 16:43 20 Apr 04

I take it the os is win xp. If that is the case probably in your system restore files.

pinnicat 16:56 20 Apr 04

yes ;;just looked at avg history and correct on both counts...what's the score now people?

Al94 17:15 20 Apr 04

I had that one too. Disable system restore, reboot and restart system restore. That will get rid of it.

pinnicat 17:26 20 Apr 04

ok...thanks, but need more tuition on this, so please direct me through it ...ta.

sidecar sid 19:07 20 Apr 04

Right click My computer,click on properties.select the system restore tab and check the turn off system restore box.

Re-start your PC and do as above again only this time remove the tick from the turn off system restore box.

pinnicat 22:33 20 Apr 04

You lot are all right you know...?
all sorted thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…