Disposal of old stuff

Flying Teddy 17:46 01 Oct 03

I'm having a clear-out of the nether reaches of the study, and I've found a collection of 64 5 1/4" floppies that belong to my BBC micro (currently languishing in the loft), and about 100 old cds (thanks AOL).

Apart from just chucking them in the dustbin, does anyone know of somewhere/someone who might have a use for them?

All sensible suggestions gratefully received - a prize of lots of kudos to the most amusing suggestion; and no I won't bend over!

Simon_P 18:58 01 Oct 03

Dont know abput the floppys! (cut them up) so your privacy is protected.

But if you glue the CD's face together you now have 50 high tech drink coasters!! Ha Ha
Courtacy of AOL

They maght look a little naff, but thay do the job.

rosyred 19:50 01 Oct 03

If you hang the cd's in the garden on bits of cotton they keep the birds off your seeds and look very pretty when the sun catches them - am i sad or what??????????

Sealer 19:54 01 Oct 03

Advertise your old cd's in the paper. I've seen loads hanging from rearview mirrors. They are supposed to prevent you being caught on speed camera's by reflecting back at the camera. (I think Not)

Flying Teddy 23:00 01 Oct 03

Simon7063 - Good idea, but wouldn't fit in with the wife's National Trust decor scheme.

Rosyred - sorry, but I think you are; possibly almost as much as me.

Sealer - rearview mirrors, hmmm. Shame I got rid of my old Cortina!

Well that's sorted that out then. The bin it is!Actually, some of the cds are old PCA cover discs, but I didn't like to say so in case F-E got upset!

Night night all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…