Disposal of laser cartridges

The Belarussian Mafia 16:03 06 Apr 04

Anyone know if there are any (national) schemes to dispose of used laser cartridges in an environmentally friendly way? (When I bought a new cartridge for the first time I thought there might have been something like an address to send the old one for recycling.)

118-118 Got Your Number 16:28 06 Apr 04

Only joking ;)

I seem to recall they had some kind of recycling scheme going.

struggle8 16:33 06 Apr 04

go a bin the dustmen would love to have it

The Belarussian Mafia 16:34 06 Apr 04

Thanks 118 - that's good for starters. It would be interesting to hear of any other schemes (in case the drop-off point is nearer).

The Belarussian Mafia 16:37 06 Apr 04

struggle8: Do you want your kids to drink laser- toner-laced run-off? How about cod (if they can find any) with funny black bits on the inside. Or worse still, the damage may not be visible...

Sir Radfordin 17:15 06 Apr 04

click here

click here

but I'm sure most people just throw them in the nearest bin!

The Belarussian Mafia 17:29 06 Apr 04

Sir Radfordin

I know you're right. I didn't want to start World War III. I'm no GreenPeace campaigner. (Mind you I was a bit taken aback the first time I got soiled toilet paper on my fishing line when sea fishing about twenty years ago. I'm glad to say that area has now been cleaned up, as it was a popular bathing spot then and now (on the estuary of the River Mersey.) Then there are the fish in our rivers which show both male and female features as a result of contraceptives from human sewerage, but I digress...) The sites you suggest look very promising. Maybe one or two other people might read the thread, consider the issues, and do something.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…