Displaying webpages

eeze1 22:18 28 Jun 09

Over the last two days I've been unable to display most webpages. Some work but for most requests I receive the message "Internet Explorer cannot display web page". My explorer default page is bbc.co.uk which works every time but other frequently visited pages have stopped working. Any ideas?

UK Sub 09:54 29 Jun 09

I had this a while back and I think it was either my isp having problems or my router (it felt a bit hot).

What I did was turn the computer/router off at the wall and left them unplugged for about 30 mins/hour, when I switched back on things were OK again (not sure if the isp had fixed the problem or it was my router cooling (resetting), anyway worth a go if you have a router.

birdface 12:46 29 Jun 09

Maybe give this a try.

Try command prompt and type in ipconfig /flushdns a small gap between ipconfig and forward slash or it will not work.Ok. it should tell you DNS has been flushed if so reboot and see if it works any better.

Or maybe if you run C Cleaner save all your good cookies to the right hand box to save them from getting deleted.

antony.dandrea 10:06 01 Jul 09

Sounds to me you are nto connecting to the internet. I know someone who also had the same problem, but only at certain times of the day (i wonder if this happens to you at certain times?)

Like mentioned above, switching the Router off and on again should do the trick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…