displaying pictures in word doc

carmella 12:08 15 Aug 03

what would i do without this forum?
OK, I've pasted a few pictures (jpgs + gifs) that I took from the web on a word document.
I did this yesterday and saved the word doc.
today i can still find and open the word document, but can't see any of the pictures. I get a message saynig there is not enough memory or disk space to display them. The whole document is 280KB. I tried to copy one picture only to another document, but still can't display it.
PLease help, as I spent hours finding all different pictures in lots of different sites.
Many thanks

Taff36 13:38 15 Aug 03

Go to TOOLS > OPTIONS and on the VIEW tab make sure that the drawings box is ticked.

Does the page print the pictures?

carmella 14:40 19 Aug 03

yes, it's ticked, but the pictures still not there, just a frame for each picture. I've now copied all pictures from different websites again, but it would be nice to know why that happened.

Taff36 15:11 19 Aug 03

When you copied them again did they appear correctly on the screen and print OK this time?

If so I suspect that the original message you received was probably correct. Your system resources were just too low at the time you tried to view the images. I cure would have been to close everything on the computer and shut it down completely. (Turn it off) Re-start it again after a few minutes and then access the document.

If I`m right you could probably do that and go back to the original document and they would all magically reappear! Most annoying if you`ve redone the whole exercise.

Anyway your problem is solved temporarily so don`t forget to tick the resolved button unless you want the thread to continue a little longer.

pj123 15:19 19 Aug 03

When you say you "copied a picture from a website" how did you do it? Did you right click the picture and "Save picture as"? Where did you save it to?

wee eddie 20:27 19 Aug 03

Save the pictures to your Desktop.

Then you can copy them into the Word document at you leisure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…