Displayed Screen is too small for monitor. Help

BigHenry 10:49 AM 23 Jul 11

My pc recently had to be serviced and when I got it back the screen shown on the monitor is too small and there are Black columns on either side - about 5 cms. I have tried all the things in personalisation but nothing seems to work. How can I get my whole screen back. PS my service man is away on hols!!

Secret-Squirrel 11:33 AM 23 Jul 11

To start off, let us know the make and model of your monitor and whether you're running Windows 7 or Vista.

recap 11:59 AM 23 Jul 11

Use the Menu option on the monitor itself to adjust the screen.

BigHenry 13:16 PM 23 Jul 11

It is a Mirai Model Number DML- 522W100. I am on Vista home premium. How do I get the monitor menus Thanks

Secret-Squirrel 13:32 PM 23 Jul 11

Thanks Henry - here's some advice specific to your monitor:

Right-click an empty area of the Desktop and choose "Personalize". At the bottom of the window, click on "Display Settings". The recommended resolution for your monitor appears to be 1680x1050 so make sure that's what it's set to. If that doesn't fix things then click the "Advanced Settings" button, then the "Monitor" tab and ensure the "Screen refresh rate" is at 60 Hertz.

Lastly, if that doesn't help, then on your monitor there should be an "Auto" button so give it a brief press and see if that makes a difference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Toshiba dynaPad release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro 4 rival with Windows 10

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November