display unusable after driver update..Help

Mike Mills 13:19 04 Jan 04

I have updated the drivers for my display adapter from the nvidia website, I have re-booted my machine and now the display resembles a badly knitted cardigan and is totally unusable, please any suggestions on how to resolve this issue, bearing in mind I can not use the machine once it has booted into windows ( XP Home )

muppetmark 13:24 04 Jan 04

boot into safe mode, go to device manager, find your graphics driver and select 'roll back driver'

Mike Mills 13:25 04 Jan 04

how do i boot into safe mode?

VoG II 13:27 04 Jan 04

Restart and keep tapping the F8 key just before the Windows screen appears.

Mike Mills 13:56 04 Jan 04

thanks so far, I now have a display that I can just about decipher. Have gone into the properties for my display and find that i am viewing in 4 colours and there are no alternatives to select...don't you just wish you had never started something? hahaha

Mike Mills 14:11 04 Jan 04

Right, have loaded the updated display driver again, rebooted, kept my fingers crossed and it would appear that I am back to normal (matter of opinion!) Thanks for all your help, not sure what happened or how it was resolved but thanks for all being there anyway! Cheers!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…