Display text size

Dazzledoc 19:36 30 Jun 04

I have windows XP home. I changed the display properties to 1280 x 1024 for my new TFT screen but now the text in text boxes is too small for my liking. I have tried to find how to change it in the 'advanced' tab on the appearance tab but there does not seem any way to change the text size in the Active window. All I can seem to change is the title bar text size. Can anyone advise me how to do this as it is irritating not to be able to get the text to a reasonable size for someone who's eyesight is not as good as it used to be.

hugh-265156 19:42 30 Jun 04

open internet explorer and click the view tab

highlight 'text size' and select larger or largest etc. it doesnt work on this site though.

SEASHANTY 19:42 30 Jun 04

Towards the top of your I.E. page. Click on VIEW >
text size can be altered between five set levels. If
this is not enough for you then download another browser such as Mozilla. You can alter the text size in that up to 300 percent or more.

SEASHANTY 19:44 30 Jun 04

... and the Mozilla text size increase does work on
this PCA website.

johnnyrocker 20:03 30 Jun 04

brilliant! just sorted out an edache for me cheers.

johnny.

SEASHANTY 20:04 30 Jun 04

Many thanks for that little gem on I.E.6. I wasn't aware of that. It works extremely well. Maybe now
I will not have to squint because I can only access
my online bank on I.E.6.

VoG II 20:09 30 Jun 04

Brilliant! Thanks.

hugh-265156 20:09 30 Jun 04

nice tip crx1600 ta.

johnnyrocker 20:09 30 Jun 04

additionally with the above done one can vary text size holding ctrl and scrolling wheel on mouse.

johnny.

Curio 20:12 30 Jun 04

Excellento!!

Dazzledoc 20:58 30 Jun 04

Thanks - particularly crx1600. This is great for IE but how do I change the text size in other windows - for example the text size in the 'Display Properties' when you right click on the desktop? The text there is really small for all the tabbed windows. Another example is the Tools/Options window in Outlook Express - text is very small again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…