display stuck in 640x480 from theme hospital

Andrew 19:26 02 Jun 03

My partner recently installed theme hospital on our PII 500 128mb ram and when windows loads it is stuck in the basic diplay settings. Also my medion cordless optical mouse drivers have been lost. I have managed to use the keyboard to change the display settings back to the normal screen size, but after rebooting the new settings are ignored and the 640x480 screen returns. As with the driver for the mouse, I am promted to try and install my win98 cd, but when I try this there is a fault and closes. Can any one please help??

Diemmess 20:00 02 Jun 03

From little knowledge and lack of sympathy with games I would uninstall Theme hospital.

Then if the game was installed less than 5 days ago boot up pressing F8, choose Command Prompt only.

Then type " scanreg /restore " and follow the prompts, choosing a date before the game was installed.

If that is all too negative, and you don't mind a spot of fiddling, have a look at Autoexec.bat and type " rem " followed by one space in front of any lines that refer to your game.

Also look (via msconfig) in the startup list and un-tick any lines which load your game.

Andrew 20:28 02 Jun 03
  TBH1 21:25 02 Jun 03

try deleting your display adaptors, reboot and windows should re-install your proper ones. or maybe just try installing your display drivers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…