Display Size

carper 09:59 25 Feb 09

I am struggling to complete an on line application form where the "Continue" box is below the bottom margin. There is no side bar to scroll the page up.
Is there a way where I can reduce the page size to make it readable. Regards Carper

Ex plorer 10:30 25 Feb 09

Is there a restore down button, if so click it and go to the edge and drag to make the window smaller.
It may work its worth a try.

birdface 11:06 25 Feb 09

Maybe press F11.Or put the arrow of your mouse right to the top of the screen and see if the Minus-restore or red x appears if so press the restore button.

Sea Urchin 13:09 25 Feb 09

View menu and make Text Size smaller - or alternatively hit Enter to Continue

carper 18:06 27 Feb 09

Thanks for your replies, but I am sorry to say that none of them work. The reply by sea urchin comes closest, but as the last page comes up as a new window, it closes when I click onto zoom. Looks like I'll have to do it by phone. Thanks again, Carper

DieSse 19:04 27 Feb 09

Put your display to a higher resolution - then you'll see more of the relevant window.

carper 09:20 28 Feb 09

Thanks for that DieSse. My present display size is 1024 x 768. When I increased it the pagew was distorted. If I lowered the resolution would that not be better Carper

DieSse 11:03 28 Feb 09

No - the picture would be bigger, so you'd see less.

The next step up from 1024x768 is 1280x1024 - and yes the aspect ratio is slightly different - but it might do on a temporary basis for the form you have.

Sometimes you can click and drag such pages up a little by doing so on the very bottom of the title bar.

Also try this Hold down the Control key and roll the mouse scroll wheel - this should zoom the whole of the webpage display.

It's pretty poor design to make a form so - but I've seen it all too frequently.

Woolwell 11:07 28 Feb 09

Just a thought - one that may not work. have you tried Page down and Page up keys. So that it scrolls down.

carper 13:51 28 Feb 09

Thanks for your replies. I will try them when I do the form again. Forgot to bookmark it. Carper

Kevscar1 14:03 28 Feb 09

Possible answer go to view click on full screen

Goto toolbar click on the AA arrow click on smallest

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now