Display Settings SIS5598

Help anyone,

I'm still having major problems getting my Display changed from 16 Colours to True Colour 24-Bit. I'm running Windows ME, Upgraded from 98 and after having downloaded various Drivers etc for the SIS5598 on board adaptor i still cannot seem to get it changed and when i Shutdown i get that Bloody Blue Screen and have to re-start in Safe Mode before i can re-boot, only to get the usual 16 Colours again.

Any help at all would be much appreciated Guys.

Thanks

Andy

woodchip 12:46 20 Jan 03

Right click on desktop click properties\settings\advanced\monitor click change and select show all choose a generic svga monitor in the region of 1000x700 click apply click ok and reboot then try your colour etc

BlueMeanie 22:33 21 Jan 03

Try different versions for SIS5598. I've had problems with SIS cards in the past.

Try click here or click here or click here , click here etc or the motherboard manufacturer.

Have you got the original driver that came with the PC/Motherboard ?

Regards

BlueMeanie 22:35 21 Jan 03

Try different versions for SIS5598. I've had problems with SIS cards in the past.

Try click here or click here or click here , click here etc or the motherboard manufacturer.

Have you got the original driver that came with the PC/Motherboard ?

Regards

Pauper 23:09 21 Jan 03

Not sure if this will work with ME but no harm in trying, down load the program from this link 597v113.exe, click here install it to the root of your C drive , now add a line to the bottom of the autoexec.bat "c:\597v113.exe" but without the quotation marks (access through start/run/sysedit). This will work for 98SE so maybe ME too if your lucky.

Thanks to ALL who helped me sort my problems out. My PC is working fine and dandy now.

Cheers Guys

Andy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…