display settings in safe mode

brigtoo 19:35 14 Dec 06

when i go into safe mode to scan for malware etc. the display settings are 640x800. at this setting a number of programmes, such as a2, are twice the size of the screen and cant be accessed properly. the screen will not resize using control panel/display. anybody got any ideas/solutions?

Diodorus Siculus 19:39 14 Dec 06

That's the nature of safe-mode - there are no drivers loaded for your graphics card etc.

Is it necessary to run those anti-malware programs in safe-mode?

brigtoo 20:46 14 Dec 06

avg anti-spyware (ewido) is reporting that i have Adware.NaviPromo in my system , i delete it but it reappears in the next scan , a2 , ad-aware se , spybot and windows defender report nothing so i disabled system restore and tried to scan in safe mode but only got a2 to run. has anyone got any way of getting rid of Adware.NaviPromo or can it be a false report from avg.

VoG II 20:48 14 Dec 06

Run HJT click here and post your log on the MWR forum click here

brigtoo 21:49 14 Dec 06

thanks vog i thought i might have to do that. bit nervous at the thought but i think it went o.k.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…