display settings help please

acein1 10:03 13 Aug 06

hi i cannot get my display settings above "4 bit pixcels", i have tried changing them to 16 and 32 and i did click "apply",but they keep going back to 4 bit,restarting dose not help either,the monitor is only 2 days old (but it did work fine when installed)i never had this problem before with the pld monitor,so my quwstion is ? could it be the monitor that is at fault your help appreciated "hanns.g 19inch tft"
thanks

johnnyrocker 10:07 13 Aug 06

what os? if xp try system restore?

johnny.

ICF 10:09 13 Aug 06

Have you tried to re install your display drivers?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:14 13 Aug 06

right-click my computer-properties-hardware-device manager-display adapters-right click and select uninstall. Reboot computer and reset your display settings.

G

acein1 10:41 13 Aug 06

thanks for your replies. o/s xp home
system restore dosent help
gandalf. under "display adapters" i have
nvidia gforse4 mx400. ?? do i right click on that and uninstall please thanks again

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:46 13 Aug 06

yes that is the one.

G

acein1 10:53 13 Aug 06

gandalf .
sorry to be a pest,when i reboot is that it,? or will i need to reinstall the drivers, i do have an xp disk "if thats where the driver is ??thanks

Gongoozler 10:58 13 Aug 06

Download the Gforce drivers from here click here and then you'll be ready if you need to reinstall them.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:03 13 Aug 06

They should install again automatically but have the disk or download them just in case. I have done this on many computers and they have always installed themselves.

G

acein1 12:31 13 Aug 06

gandalf,your a jem,many thanks for your help,i could not find the exact driver,so i bit the bullet and took your advice,uninstalled, and on reboot it reloaded as you said,"phew",ive not had that ever before ,and im still baffeled as to why it happened,there was i blaming the new monitor,all i can say again is thanks to you good folk on here for all your valuable help,which is taken for granted,im sure the (you know who) computer shop would have found a way to charge £40/£50, for this help and keep my p/c for a week. regards a to all. mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…